500 Words Per Day

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Writing

I'm back? I routinely punish myself with the realization - learned through experience and maybe more than a little self-flagellation - that I am a quitter. This is perhaps not the sad-sack style of quitting that prevents someone from functioning at nominal levels. It's more the flavour of quitting one's passions or quitting when things really look down. So of all I things that I quit doing in my short life, I managed to throw into the lot the one thing that I had any interest or competency for when I was growing up: writing. When I started this blog, it was to spur myself to write often and to write regularly. I wanted to be a writer. I wrote a bit in my spare time, turned in a handful of game reviews and published some minor features on Rice Paper but then it all stopped. The blogging stopped, the writing stopped and it just felt like I happily went along being a semi-responsible adult, pursuing other things that would garner me a career that paid regularly. So I fired up the blog tonight with some fire in the belly but with really nothing to say, I think. I just wanted to write something, anything. This is sort of a ploy to get my muse going again, yes, but I think it's also a ploy to just get my mind working again, period. I've been sluggish and complacent. Oh so very complacent. I'll be back tomorrow. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home