500 Words Per Day

Saturday, November 12, 2005

At a Loss for Words... or Am I?

What a lazy Friday it's been. I roused myself from a surprisingly deep morning sleep, not really surprised to see 12:26pm on my bedside clock. My night bug habits have been going strong for the last week, as I've been vegetating on the couch watching "24", compiling track lists for my DJ sets, working on my company's website and staying up well past 2:00am most nights.

Working on multiple sites, personal ones no less, can be exhausting. For my company site, I've been stamping out these display quirks that only show up on Internet Explorer, the "new Netscape" browser for our times. What an annoying web browser. I've also been busy editing the content so it's consistent with the new vision of the company. When it was just a website, I was maybe a bit too sincere in promoting the site as a place for amateurs to hang out. Technically, I'm still an amateur DJ. Now that I've attached the website to my new event promotions/music production company, I've had to drop the "aw shucks" posteuring and put on a more professional face. It's a strange process when you go back to rewrite your own articles and pages published months before. I feel like I'm playing Big Brother to myself.

There is a small sense of accomplishment in recasting your personal website as a professional endeavour. You start thinking that you are now running the show, a project, instead of merely indulging a frivolous hobby. Heck, on that site I've listed out my own bio and given myself the dubious title of Editor-in-Chief. I've always bristled at the whole notion of titles, but damn, when you start giving them to yourself, you can't help but temporarily inflate that ego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home