500 Words Per Day

Friday, February 23, 2007

CBS Survivor: Some Island Somewhere

Actually, it's Fiji.

I tell you, the time between each cycle of this reality show get shorter each year. Yul and the Race Wars barely faded from memory when they hit us with yet another round of coconut bashing, silly races and Jeff Probst acting smug.

For want of anything better to do, I flipped on the tube tonight and stumbled on the latest episode, the 3rd one into this season. Same old shit, really, nothing much new to report... EXCEPT the very prominent showing of Asians again. They almost fooled me into thinking it was Race Wars Part 2: The Revenge.

No such luck. I was rather surprised, however, when I counted no less than 5 asian players: 2 Koreans, 1 Malaysian, and 1 Chinese and 1 Taiwanese. Making the play for Yul II is Mookie, a business consultant from Connecticut who looks like he could be a very strong contender.

Yes, very impressive, but I really only had eyes for Stacy, the spicy "Interactive Internet Producer" (oh puh-leeese). Stacy sort of blended into the background, as I was initially distracted by the peppy, cute Michelle, until they had their slippery slide ball-toss reward challenge. Then Stacy broke out with her skimpy yellow bikini and I started paying attention right good, bounding off the couch and nearly smashing my face on the TV screen.

Where the hell was this strumpet during Race Wars? Would it have killed Mr. Burnett & Co. to swap her in for humorless Becky?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home