500 Words Per Day

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Blogging at Work: Acceptance

I had just finished slogging through a logo design at work and popped into my personal webmail. The coordinator from the writing program sent me the results of my application: I'm in!

They had me worried there for a moment. I would have preferred an acceptance letter via snail mail so I could eagerly tear into the envelope, heart pumping furiously as I unfolded the letter. E-mail is so anti-climactic.

But who really cares. I'm in!

Some tough decisions lie ahead of me:

  • What do I do about my job?

  • How will I support myself during the program?

  • Should I save up cash and cancel my trip to Montreal and cancel any plans of promoting a club gig this summer?

  • Should I move closer to campus?

  • Should I sell my money-grubbin' car... my beloved Camry Power?

  • Should I...wait for it... MOVE BACK IN WITH MY PARENTS?

It's decisions like these that bring a little spice to the daily grind... and make me want to distract myself with frivolity so I can hold off on making any of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger OlmanFeelyus said...

Do not cancel your trip to Montreal.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home