500 Words Per Day

Monday, August 21, 2006

The ClinTicker 2000: August 11th - 21st

A little late with the ClinTicker report this time around. I can barely remember what happened at work last Friday but I certainly had several minutes to spare to mash out a few words on the keyboard. Well kidz, that's what Mondays are for...

Committment Party 2006 - Drunken Revelry, DJs and Cupcakes
My old high school buddy, M. and his live-in partner, Cy. got hitched on Saturday. Although it was officially not a celebration of marriage, there were all the trappings of a traditional wedding: chaos, last-minute changes, mad dashing about, dancing and cupcakes with a generous 2-inches of solid icing. The festivites kicked off early in the evening with a scenic beachside photo shoot of the happy couple with friends and family. A prolonged, but delicious dinner at a Greek restaurant followed. The night concluded with the dispersal of almost everyone over the age of 35 and a trio of DJs (myself included) took to the decks and rocked out the party until the restaurant owners ordered us to get the hell out so they could get some sleep.

This is probably the most fun I had spinning music in my 2 years of being an amateur DJ. I'm usually squirrelled away at home sweating over my recording sessions or playing to small pockets of other music enthusiasts at the ANZA Open Dex nights. But this night was special. People were in the mood to party and it was a menagerie of close friends, people I'd never met before and familiar faces I've seen only a few times since graduating high school... all united and DANCING. I, along with Ti. and Sc., thought we were in for a tough sell with nothing but house and breaks to keep everyone entertained. To my pleasant surprise, they ate up all the breaks we could dish out and then some. I not-so-slyly positioned myself to start playing at the peak hour, just shortly after midnight, and I KILLED. Yes, I am not known to pat myself on the back too often, but I will take full credit this time. People were going nuts to the music and I had such an awesome time behind the decks.

Truly one of the most memorable weddings I've been a part of, even though it wasn't a wedding.

I'll try to link to some Flickr photos of the event in my next post.

Oral Pain
On a more sober note, my body is giving me the heave ho again and punishing me for my careless ways. I'm currently suffering from a painful case of canker sores... at least that is what I think they are. I got the first one on the side of my mouth in the middle of last week. It just sort of flapping around right now and it doesn't really hurt any more. In fact, it hasn't even turned into an open sore yet. The one that really hurts is the sore at the rear underside of my tongue. This sucker makes it hard to drink and even harder to eat. Home brew remedies abound to combat these kind of sores and it looks like I'll be gargling with some salt water tonight to ease some of the discomfort. I've had some luck with that before so here's hoping the salt water wash does the trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home