500 Words Per Day

Friday, August 25, 2006

The ClinTicker 2000: August 21st - 25th 2006

There's not much to report this week. Work has been duller than poo and it's made me start questioning the reason behind my existence once again.

Right after my friend's "wedding" bash, I developed a humdinger of a sore on my tongue and it's been agonizing me for days now. Yesterday I discovered I also have an ear infection, so add that to the mix and tickle me pink, thanks very much. The upside is I used that as an excuse to take a day off from work and just chill. I needed that.

Funny though. Almost exactly 1 year ago, I had gotten a nasty eye infection -- I think it was pink eye -- and had to start up on a similar type of antibiotics that I'm on now. I was unemployed at the time and was barely a week in to my Transitions career exploration program. What a nice program. Sure, it was a great excuse to attend this thing every day and just keep busy, but it also opened my eyes to some careers that I had ruled out in the past or not even thought about. I also met some great people there and a few of us even kept in touch as recently as May, when 6 or 7 of us met for dinner. Granted, I'm probably still as confused and indecisive about my grand career plan as before, but Transitions showed me how change can be okay... and you can enact big changes at any stage in your life. And shit, I had to do a lot of public speaking!

And here I sit. Employed again 8 months running and still clueless. And scarfing down the antibiotics once again.

1 Comments:

Blogger OlmanFeelyus said...

You need to see a naturopath. It sounds like you've got some good viral combos going on in your system and there are healthier and more thorough ways of getting rid of them than antibiotic cocktails (which as we all know only make them virii stronger).

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home