500 Words Per Day

Saturday, June 17, 2006

As the Weather Turns

clouds
Can we talk weather? I think I'm entitled to bitch about the weather here a few times a year.

So it's June in Vancouver and as much as I'd like to believe the hype, summer is clearly not here yet. Or rather it is, but it is being its usual manic Vancouver self. The day started off with some spirit in the form of a neighbourhood parade in honour of... well, in honour of the neighbourhood and all the businesses that make their home on my idyllic little street. It was a nice little bit of community spirit. A tad self-aggrandizing but aren't all parades like that to an extent? Besides, what else you gonna do at 9:30 on a Saturday morning? Sleep? Pah! Not if the sirens and bagpipes have anything to say about it.

The plan later that afternoon was to take a leisurely rollberblade around English Bay with Bilbo the Christian Cock. As you can see, the clouds got quite menacing and the pitter patter of the rain disuaded me of my humble ambitions.

So the afternoon turned out to be a bit of a wash. Just stayed indoors, pretended to mix some tunes and tooled around until it was time to head out to my private DJ mixing bonanza. I like to call this even the Meeting of the Minds. It was the first time I had gotten my little crew of miscreants together in one room. Talk about long overdue. The intention was to talk business and talk about the future of our DJ collective. Can't say we stayed focused in our conversations, but we got through the general gist of things. After our dinner meeting, we retired back to AJ's still rather spartan apartment in the burbs to throw down a very glitched-ridden, but interesting marathon mixset.

And that, friends, was my Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home