500 Words Per Day

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Things that Irk Me

1. Awful, tone-deaf e-mail conversationalists
I have been engaged in an exchange with messages with a mystery girl since, oh, the middle of the spring and it's wonder I am still firing off mail to her a few times a week.

My penpal, who I'll refer to as Meow, is probably the worst e-mail writer in existence. English is clearly her second language, but her messages are usually quite clear, concise and understandable. Furthermore, she is a university student and has been living in BC for somes time. It's more of a content issue here. If you routinely enjoy the interplay of light banter, asking questions, receiving answers to said questions and having relevant questions asked of you in return, then you need NOT have anything to do with Meow. Pleasant as she is, it's been frustrating to think out a reply to her messages, follow up with some comments and questions of my own, then get something like this as her response:

"hey, how are you doing? just got back from school, anything new? hope you have sunny day!"

Yes, she often sounds like she's 16, instead of 26. But did she even read my message? I told her what was "new", I told her what I was doing. Aside from someone forgetting your name, it is even more annoying for someone to be clued out of your conversation with them, whether it is in person or online. After several exchanges like this, I started whipping off very short messages back to her, seeing as she obviously puts very little thought into what she writes. You know what? Her style still annoys me. It's like having completely separate conversations.

"Hey, what do you think of X, Y, Z?"

"Oh hi. How are you? I did, A, B, C today. Bye!"

There is a plus side and that is, of course, the very minimal effort it takes to maintain e-mail contact with Meow. Just a sentence or two will do. It doesn't even have to be remotely related to what she wrote in her last message. Just tap something out and send. Wow, the fucking wonders of modern fucking communication.


2.) Vancouver drivers who won't stop hitting my car
Barely 2 weeks after getitng my car back from the shop, complete with brand new front bumper, I come out of the supermarket and notice a crack on the left side. Judging from the lateral streaks just below the crack, someone had obviously brushed against it with their own car and, knowingly or unknowingly, driven off.

ATTENTION you shitty, fucking drivers in Vancouver: Stop Hitting My Camry. Just cut it the fuck out. Stop. No really. STOP.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sameer Vasta said...

Your email frustration is one that I share. Fully irks me.

6:15 AM  
Blogger OlmanFeelyus said...

That meow girl could be a computer, a spam bot or spider nestles in some Bulgarian server.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Nah, she displays enough sentience for me to know she is a living creature. Her e-mail skills just suck extremely large, swollen donkey testicles.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home