500 Words Per Day

Friday, July 07, 2006

The ClinTicker 2000: June 30th - July 7th 2006

Morning Workout
I experimented with going to the gym before my shift this morning and it was... painful... at first. Getting out of bed was easier than expected, since I was committed to honouring my promise to do the gym thing today. Once I got started on the elliptical, however, I started to feel out of sorts, like I was stoned or something. Well I got through my workout and only had to cut out the stretching because I was going to be late for work. I'm happy to report that I feel VERY alert and alive today at the office. I am going to extend this test run for the next week and see how it all flies. Hope waking up at 6:30 gets easier...

Reborn
I've been a little grumpier this week due in large part to my aborted love connection with W.. It was a necessary week of reflection, reading and a renewed resolve to get myself centered again. In the game of life, the dating game has always been a game where I've entered the field wearing faulty equipment and without being armed with an actual game plan. This is bullshit and I've reached a breaking point. I am tired of not having full control of this area of my life and playing nice with everyone. Why has it taken me this long to realize nobody -- and I mean nobody, not even the sweetest, most seemingly sincere girl -- Plays Nice. I probably sound bitter and a little ruthless now, but I'm not. If anything, I'm angry with myself. Angry for selling myself short all these years and submitting myself to the pitfalls of dating instead of playing the game full out. Hey, I'm coming (I hope) from a place of strength and freedom. I only want to get what I want without hurting anyone. Is that so wrong?

Montreal
In less than a week I will be on a plane to visit big sister B. in the land of poutine. Very stoked. Sadly, I don't think I will be playing any bar gigs with the iBreaks or Metrolium crew, but I do plan on checking out their events and maybe even sit in on S.'s net radio show. I will be gone for just over a week, so don't expect any posting during my absence, although I may try to pop in a few pithy comments midway through my vacation.

Toilet No Flushy
Okay, the toilet in the men's room on our floor needs to be fixed once and for all. The lever is always jamming, tenants are leaving their stale piss in the bowl and it's becoming a royal pain in ass. The toilet is now conveniently set up so that to flush, one simply need to stick one's arm elbow-deep into the water tank and flip open the stopper that runs the water into the bowl. As much joy as I derive from dunking my arm into tepid flush water, I'd have to say the old school technique of depressing the flush lever to flush is so much better.

Breakfastaz Breakin' it Down TONIGHT
Aw yeah, that's right. This trio of nu skool breaks darlings is making their to Richards on Richards for a night of hard, breakbeat fun. Also on board is local hero, DJ Akeel, one of those rare, nice DJs who I got to interview for Beyond Robson.com recently. If you hate breaks, then these guys would probably never make a believer out of you, If you love breaks and haven't heard of the Breakfastaz, please give your head a good shake. You can get yourself psyched up and caught up by checking out some of those mixes on one of my favourite music sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home